Friday, October 21, 2011

Ray Charles



If I'm going to write about Beats, I should start with the best - Ray Charles. Last night, while watching the World Series, I saw the latest ad from Chevrolet featuring Ray singing, "America The Beautiful". I think it can be universally agreed that the man can sing the phone book, and make it heartrendingly beautiful. Ray can rock, he can roll, he can whisper sweet nothings in your ear, make you cry, and then have you clapping your hands like you're at the meeting house on Sunday. Somehow, it just doesn't seem right to listen to the greatest soul singer of all time hawking Chevy cars.

I'll let you be the judge.

I include for your viewing pleasure the "Then & Now" GM/Chevrolet ad.


2 comments:

  1. So the "Then & Now" one was more than half way over before I realized that of course it couldn't be an ad for camera film it must be ... oh, yes, those cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The man sings it like he means it.
    If you want to see where GM got the graphic idea, go to http://www.historypin.com

    ReplyDelete